Shy Enterprises - Kirby vacuum sales / distributor consumer scams

Utica, Michigan 4 comments

CONSUMER SCAM ALERT !!!!

In my opinion this co. is dangerous and fraudulent in many ways!!!!!!

Kirby Sales Distributor attempting to rip off the unsuspecting consumer. Issues go way beyond a high priced vacuum sale.

Check out Inside Edition & ABC News for more on Kirby scams. Check out the Internet and read all about them and other distributors.

Check out the owner, Lawrence Fredric Shy, on My Space. It will appall you especially if you have been scammed by this company.

If you have let them in your home or worse yet, they have any identifying info on you, protect yourself first and foremost. If you have not realized it yet, there are safety factors involved here. Make sure you document your experience. Contact the following for further help:

Credit Bureaus, Kirby, FTC, BBB, Attorney General, news media and a lawyer. Write reviews on Yahoo, Local, Yellow Pages, Rip Off Report, Consumer Affairs, UTube and other consumer websites. Do not let more people be potentially endangered.

Anyone scammed, please note three addresses & different phone numbers for this company. This company has operated under other names and many more addresses than listed below. Make sure any of the reviews you write are being seen from all sites that still list Shy Enterprises at these former locations.

Address 1 - (most current as of 10.10.2010)

717 W Ellsworth Rd

(734) 389-0909

Address 2 -

854 Phoenix Dr

(734) 677-5500

Address 3 -

3455 Wexford Ct

(734) 389-0126

Review about: Kirby Vacuum.

Comments

*** shy enterprises!!

I just had a scary encounter with this company.Being the nice guy and sympathizing with the door to door sales person in tough times, after much reluctance (on a late Friday night), I heard their speech, and then with further reluctance I agreed to a 5 minute demo.

5 minutes became a 2 hr.+ deal. Leaving someone in my home (thank goodness it was a woman, even though she dressed very unprofessional, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt) for 1.5 hrs. I had to leave and they continued to delay me and wouldn't answer texts from the woman's calls to get out of my home! I remained nice, but was quickly losing patience.

And I told them from the get go that I had NO money for a vacuum, and was going thru hard times (which I truly am!). I will not buy a vacuum, if you understand that I will agree to a demo, so they could earn their $25. But I also said I did not want any personal information reported. They got my first and last name.

I did not fill out any paper work at all.

When the lead sales guy finally showed back up at my home, (which he previously said he was going down the road for just a few minutes and returned 2 hrs. later) he then went on with his sales pitch about what a great deal and low payment he was going to give me. I attempted to stop him and firmly repeated that I am not buying a vacuum and I can't afford even $10/mo. Really?!!, he said.

Then he began to give me the guilt trip sales pitch. All this time they had spent giving a demonstration and that everyone says they won't buy a vacuum but they do. I explained, well when I said it and I meant it. You need to leave my home now!

They had their equipment spread throughout the home, he left and asked to bring in yet another sales person to help the woman clean up their equipment. I hesitated and let him in. He was polite and professional, but as they cleaned up they continued to use a more suttle form of sales guilt pressure by talking about how it was a bad day and they didn't make any sales, etc. etc.

When they finally left, I had to hang out at home for several more minutes till their lead sales person picked them up in the van (I believe it was a white van!)

In addition, the woman demonstrator had all these demo rags showing the dirt and dust picked up from the vacuum, and while her and her assistant were packing up the equipment, she wanted to use my vacuum to vacumm all the dirt and dust they had just vacummed up, use my new hepa filter and cost me money! NOT! I told her to put them in a plastic bag and vacumm them up somewhere else!

Finally, they left!

No more nice guy for me! I am getting a no tresspassing and a no soliciting sign on the property!!!!!

Unbelievable! If that is how someone has to make a living, I have no interest in their product.

It is a good vacuum when it comes to suctioning the dirt and dust up, but it is cumbersome with all the attachments and reattaching and un-attaching them to clean certain areas, such as stairs, or floor, or furniture, etc. It is heavier then I would like to have a vacuum, even though they lightened it up.

And way too expensive!

Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States #691613

I bought a Kirby from Shy Enterprise and its great!Got a good deal and it will last me a lifetime!

Why wouldn't you not buy one! Shy Enterprise is not a scam and either is Kirby! They have been selling Kirbys the same way for almost 100 years!

Good luck spending your money on those plastic throw away vacs!lol

Freakinpissed50000
Tiptonville, Tennessee, United States #215841

There are new little branches with slightly different names all over the place, with different 'presidents' and 'vice-presidents,' incorporated in different years.

View more comments